The madVR Envy video processor delivers the ultimate cinematic visual experience for your home theater, using the most modern-day, best video processing on the planet. No other product squeezes every pixel to its extreme potential. Add Envy to your theater in just five minutes!
WHERE TO BUY
Discover the madVR Envy
The most advanced, modern-day video processor for high-end cinema
The award-winning madVR Envy uses our patent-pending video processing to deliver the ultimate picture quality in your dedicated home theater. Enjoy the most dramatic yet highly accurate 4K HDR dynamic tone mapping, instant aspect ratio detection, subtitle management for scope screens, and non-linear stretch unlike anything you’ve ever seen. The Envy also offers unrivaled 4K upscaling, specialized sharpening and detail enhancement, 3D and 1D LUT calibration with unprecedented precision, and much more. The Envy is the first and only dedicated video processor to use machine learning algorithms with real-time video streams, taking your video quality to a whole new level. The Envy installs in minutes and is a joy to use.
HDR Dynamic Tone Mapping
madVR Labs pioneered dynamic frame by frame HDR Dynamic Tone Mapping. Our patent-pending DTM 2.0 analyzes every frame in real-time to optimize every single pixel. That’s a half billion pixels per second at 4K60. Our proprietary Highlight Recovery, Contrast Recovery and Shadow Detail Recovery provide an image so stunning you will be addicted at first sight. Finally, you can enjoy HDR movies and shows at home like never before possible, just as the director intended.
Auto AR and Geometry Control
Envy detects every single aspect ratio and instantly adjusts the image to exactly fit your screen, regardless of its AR and the AR of the movie, even as it changes back and forth. Our unrivaled auto AR control finally rids you of those pesky black bars once and for all. The Envy Extreme also features advanced geometry correction, great for removing a-lens barrel distortion, fitting curved screens, advanced architectural installations, and more.
4K & 8K Upscaling & Sharpening
Envy uses proprietary machine learning algorithms to provide unrivaled 4K, 5K and 8K upscaling* and anamorphic stretch. It also provides the highest quality chroma upscaling (4:2:0->4:4:4) and can automatically reverse certain damaging chroma upscaling used by source players to then perfectly apply its superior chroma upscaling.
Highly Accurate Calibrations
Envy enables incredibly accurate calibrations by supporting massive 256-point 3D LUTs, and 4,096 point 1D LUTs, without any loss of measurement data and precision, unlike with other processors. This translates to 16.7 million points of accuracy, compared to less than 5,000 points with others. Envy integrates with calibration products including ColourSpace, Calman, and more.
Envy provides the highest quality algorithms to remove compression artifacts and mosquito noise, as well as de-banding to remove 8-bit banding artifacts. Many other favorite tweaks for image enhancements are also available to remove or add grain, sharpen edges, remove ringing, and more.
Subtitle Handling & Profiles
Tired of cutoff subtitles with your scoped screen? Our subtitle handing dynamically resizes your image to fit subtitles only when needed, maximizing your picture size. And our new profile system provides the most powerful yet easy to use settings management you’ve ever seen in any product before it.
8K and HDMI 2.1 Support
The Envy Extreme supports 8K HDMI 2.1 output, with full 48 Gbps HDCP 2.3 support. This makes Envy the first and only stand-alone video processor to offer these advanced capabilities. Our modern-day hardware platform ensures you’ll enjoy the Envy for many years to come.
Non-Linear Stretch (NLS+)
Want to remove those pesky black bars on your 2.35 screen when watching 16:9 content? Our NLS+ is the first non-linear stretch algorithm to combine horizontal expansion with vertical compression. This innovation (yet another madVR Labs industry first) “shares the load” for the stretch both horizontally and vertically, resulting in a more natural looking image than possible otherwise.
Simple to Install and Use
Set up is so simple that it takes just five minutes. No experience is required. Just plug the HDMI output from your AVR into the Envy, and send the Envy’s HDMI ouput to your display. Need support? With your permission, your dealer can remotely connect to your Envy, see its video output in real-time, and operate it just like they were in the room with you.
Downloads (Documentation, Sales Materials, Whitepapers)
- Envy Quick Start Guide
- Introduction to Profiles
- Profile User Guide
- Non-Linear Stretch (NLS+) Setup Guide
- Scope Screen Setup Guide
- HDMI Cabling Requirements
- Envy Sales Brochure
- Specs and Model Comparison
Projector Setup Guides for use with Envy
Source Device Setup
- Calman Calibration
- ColourSpace Calibration (rev 0.92)
- madVR Envy Calibration Result with 3D+4,096 point 1D LUT (using ColourSpace)
IP Control Guides, Modules and Drivers
- IP Control Utility (rev 1.1, manage 3D LUTs, configurations, send IP commands)
- IP Control API documentation rev 1.1.2 (for developers)
- Control4 driver (v25) | Documentation
- Screen Masking Control With Control4 (rev 1.05)
- Crestron module (beta v0.53)
- RTI driver (beta v0.50)
- Savant Profile
Recent Industry Awards
- madVR Envy Wins Product of the Year Award in Video Processors for the Second Year in a Row
- madVR Envy – December 2022 Hot News!
- Envy Wins 4 Awards at CEDIA 2022
- madVR Labs CEDIA 2022 News and Wrap-up
- Envy Wins AVS Forum Best of 2021 Award
- Envy Awarded “Best in Class” in Video Processors With Rare 10/10 Score
- Envy Wins CEDIA Best New Hardware Product Award
- Envy Named Top Pick by CE Pro “Video Guys” Podcast
- Meet Us At ISE 2023!
- BEST Demo at CEDIA Expo 2022 – Video Powered by the madVR Envy
- Meet Us At CEDIA 2022!
- madVR Labs Announces Certified for Envy Program with Trinnov, StormAudio and Acurus
- Meet Us And See the Envy at ISE 2022
- AUAV Selects Envy as Video Processor Of Choice for Christie Eclipse And Other Christie Projectors
- madVR Envy 2021 Year in Review (MOAYIRN)
- madVR Envy Testimonials
- Ultra High-Performance Theater featuring the Envy Extreme (video)
- Introducing NLS+
- NLS+, Part 2!
- Instant AR Detection Meets NLS+ (video)
- Managing Subtitles On Scope Screens
- Upscaling comparison by 3rd party – Envy vs Other
- See how Envy fixes A-lens barrel distortion
- Envy on Display at the Paris A/V Show
- Envy on Display at the Home Cinema Happening 2021
- madVR Labs and Barco Join Forces For 5K HDR
- madVR Envy with Sony GTZ380 Review at Fairland
- Introducing DTM 2.0!
- Meet the Envy Profile System
- Fun With Envy Screenshots – Sports
- Introduction to madVR Envy With Murideo (video)
- Home Theater Fanatics Live with the madVR Team (video)
- Customer Success Story – Meet Don C. (JVC)
We’re Hiring – Come Work With Us!
ABOUT MADVR LABS
madVR Labs manufactures extreme video hardware and software products to meet the demands of the most discerning and critical video enthusiasts. Our products are the result of over ten years of extensive R & D, with hundreds of thousands of madVR users world-wide. We are a funded startup, launched in 2019, that serves the commercial cinema, post-production, and high-end home theater markets.
Meet Our Founders
Richard T. Litofsky, Co-founder and CEO
As a visionary leader, serial entrepreneur, speaker, and CEO, Mr. Litofsky has nearly 30 years of experience building companies in the technology space. His areas of expertise and focus include mobile and cloud computing, SaaS, enterprise software, computer hardware, and video processing.
Mathias Rauen, Co-founder and madVR Inventor
As the inventor of madVR, Mr. Rauen is the madScientist and mastermind behind madVR and our proprietary, machine learning AI algorithms. He is the passionate inventor of madVR, and has dedicated the past decade of his career obsessing on how to make every pixel count.
A full support section with a detailed knowledgebase and FAQ is coming soon. In the meantime, for any technical support matters, please start by contacting your Envy dealer, who will be happy to help you. We will take over from there, if they are unable to fully assist you.
* Envy Extreme only
Copyright © madVR Labs, LLC. All rights reserved.